Friday, June 4, 2010

What's in your hand?

This past Wednesday, June 2, 2010, Pastor Dustin preached a message about whats in your hand. This message stuck with me! What talents has God given us that we are not using? Reminds me of the story about the talents. Matthew 25:14-30. I know that I don't want God to take away the talents he has blessed me with because I am not using them. So, keeping this in mind, what steps do we take to make sure we are where God wants us to be in life? What sacrifices do we need to make in order to get to that place? Pastor Dustin talked about Moses and how God told him to throw down his staff and it turned into a snake. Then he asked Moses to pick up the snake by the tail. How often are we too scared to do what God has for us? You know the steps you have to take, but the steps are scary. Picking up the snake's tail is frighting. But imagine what God can do with us if we only would trust in him and pick up the snake! Imagine the difference we could make in this world! Psalm 34:4 says "I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me. He freed me from all my fears!" I pray that we can all trust in God and use the talents he has blessed us with. Just imagine the difference we can make in this world!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment