Thursday, June 17, 2010

Righteousness.....

In Light of last night's message, I had a few thoughts..... Integrity (as defined per our 6Th and 7Th grade small group) is keeping your high standards. In other words, striving for righteousness. (acting in a moral way per dictionary.com) Matthew 5:6 says that "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled." It is not just OK to "try." God wants us to Hunger and Thirst to keep our high standards. Food and Water are necessities to maintain life. God wants us to desire righteousness like we do food and water. It is essential to survival. I know that I don't hold it that high in my priority list. I need to change my list!!!!!

God, help me to Hunger and Thirst for Righteousness!!!! My Integrity needs to be as important to me as survival. Just as you have shown us this in Jesus' life and Job's. Help me to hold your word in my heart as I go through this life. Help me change my priorities! Help me put you first in all I do!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment